Wednesday 29th, June, 2022
We have some exciting news; within a few months, your hygienist visit can feel like a spa treatment…….
The EMS Airflow uses revolutionary technology to gently, effectively and safely remove harmful bacteria in your mouth without an instrument touching your teeth. It uses a gentle stream of warmed water, fine powder and air to exfoliate your teeth gently.
It’s like a spa experience for your teeth. For those of you with sensitive teeth, the water we use is warm, so you needn’t be scared of having cold water blasted at your teeth.
How does the EMS Airflow experience work?
- Assess: First, one of our hygienists will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums for dental problems.
- Disclose: Then, the biofilm on your teeth and gums will be disclosed to be easily visible.
- Motivate: We will discuss your biofilm results and give tips and support on keeping your teeth as clean as possible.
- Clean teeth with the EMS Airflow: We will use the EMS Airflow to remove biofilm, staining and early tartar build-up. It polishes and cleans at the same time gently and efficiently.
- Further cleaning: If there is still further tartar build-up, we will use a specialised cleaning tip to remove any of it further.
- Check: We will check for any remaining biofilm or tartar buildup.
- Recall: A future appointment will be scheduled according to your individual needs.
So what are the benefits of an EMS Airflow experience?
Back to Blog
- Less painful and less sensitive teeth cleaning.
- Teeth cleaning that is more efficient.
- Guided Biofilm Therapy: Biofilm is bad bacteria that sticks to our teeth. If this is not removed regularly, it can cause dental problems such as tooth decay, gingivitis, gum disease, tooth loss and dental implant loss. Biofilm can also contribute to systemic diseases such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease, diabetes and respiratory disorders. Guided Biofilm Therapy is a series of steps that involve assessing, disclosing, motivating and finally using the EMS Airflow to remove biofilm- Source: www.ems-dental.com/en.
- It has been proven an effective way to maintain the health of the gums around dental implants.
- It is an effective and efficient way to clean around Invisalign attachments, preventing tooth decay or gum problems during your treatment.
- Your teeth are cleaned and polished simultaneously, saving you time.